Acne scars can be unsightly and can be the cause for a person feeling self conscious and under-confident. As problematic as acne scars can be, is there any way that you can remove them with the help of home remedies?
The fact is that acne scars can be as stubborn and difficult to remove as they are unsightly. Whether or not you can remove these marks at home with DIY remedies also depends upon the type of scars that a person has. Surface scars (inflammation caused by an eruption or outbreak of acne) may be easy to remove with some of these home remedies; which can be suitable even for sensitive skin:
- Lemon – this is a natural astringent and could help to resolve skin problems naturally by helping heal bacterial infections of the skin.
- Several homemade face masks can also help to smoothen and remove minor imperfections from the skin. Depending upon your skin type, choose the right face pack and apply all over the facial skin for about 20 minutes or until it dries.
- A natural toner such as apple cider vinegar is also thought to help improve spots on the surface of the skin and to help smooth it
- Baking soda is another natural home remedy that is thought to work well for removing acne scars. A smooth paste made from baking soda and water applied to the face can help remove excess oil and help improve the skin condition to prevent further acne breakouts. Be sure to moisturize the skin afterwards
- Aloe vera gel – simply obtained from the aloe plant applied to the skin also has natural healing properties as well as anti inflammatory properties. This can also help to improve healing of breakouts
- In many cases, a vitamin E capsule – broken open and applied to clean skin can help too
Deeper scars may need expert help
Deeper acne scars such as ice pick scars, rolling scars or box car scans; or those caused by illnesses such as chicken pox or other rashes, can be deeper and could be difficult if not impossible to get rid of simply with home remedies.
For these types of acne scars it is a good idea to get an evaluation from a medical professional or dermatologist who can recommend the right treatment. Remember, applying topical medications or ingesting prescription acne medications without medical supervision can be dangerous; and could actually make things worse.
I quite like looking through a post that will make men and women think.
Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!